No one takes care of your pet quite like you do, but chances are at some point in time you are going to need to leave your beloved in the care of another. If you choose to utilize a boarding facility, it is important to make sure that you choose the right one. Here are a few questions to ask before dropping your pet off for the week:
- Can I tour the facility? Most places will let you take a look around your pet’s future accommodations. If not, ask yourself why. When touring be sure all animals have their own cages/runs that are large enough for them and that everyone has access to food and water.
- Can the facility cater to your pet’s needs? If you pet needs special food, medications, or specific care you want to be sure that these needs can be met.
- Is exercise provided? Will your pet be cooped up in a cage while you are gone or will it get to burn off some steam?
- What health requirements are in place? Do pets need to be vaccinated and what for?
- What would happen should your pet need medical attention while you are gone?
- What type of food is provided? Can you provide your own?
- Am I allowed to bring toys or other items from home for my pet?
Getting answers to these types of questions will help you to rest easy while you are separated from your pet. Check out our boarding page and please consider letting us care for your loved one the next time you’re away.