- Teach your old dog new tricks. What a perfect opportunity to work on the basics or teach your pet a fun new trick. Check a book out from the library or search online for ideas!
- Take a class. Many pet obedience schools have indoor (and air conditioned!) facilities for classes. Now is a great time to learn basic obedience, take up agility, or work on your AKC Canine Good Citizen title.
- Play hide-and-seek! Practice hiding toys, treats, or yourself from your pet.
- Indulge a little. Now is a perfect time to splurge on that new toy or treat you have been eyeing. Consider an interactive item for your pet such as a puzzle or a treat-dispensing toy.
- Check to see if your community has an indoor dog park or a doggy daycare for your pup to work off some energy.
- Pamper your pet. Take this opportunity to catch up on that much-needed brushing, nail trimming, or even give your pet a bath!
Don’t let the heat get you down! There are plenty of ways to enjoy your pet indoors, too! If you have any questions, give us a call!