- When taking your pet to such an event, make sure that you are well prepared.
- Bring along food and water for your pet, and make sure that it has somewhere to take shelter from both the sun and from other people and animals.
- Make sure that your pet is wearing a well-fitted collar or harness as well as proper identification.
- You may know not to feed your pet extra treats or bones, but other party guests may not. Instruct others to not offer extra treats.
- Don’t forget that a curious pet may also help itself to the party offerings, including alcohol.
It is always best to keep close tabs on your furry friend. If you cannot do so, or if your pet often becomes anxious around strange people, places, or other pets, it may be best to leave him or her at home. If you have any questions, please contact us.